Thursday, July 12, 2012

Katori Shingo & Yamashita Tomohisa to star in TBS autumn drama "MONSTERS"

SMAP's Katori Shingo and solo singer Yamashita Tomohisa will be starring together in the TBS autumn drama "MONSTERS" starting in October in the Sundays 9pm timeslot. This is the first time that the two who are from the same agency are working together.

Katori plays Hiratsuka Heihachi, a detective at the Metropolitan Police Department who has a keen eye on details and is very hung up on manners. He thinks nothing of overstepping boundaries in order to expose the truth about people and their interpersonal relationships. On the other hand, Yamashita plays Saionji Kosuke a newbie detective and rich man's son who becomes partners with Heihachi.
Source: Mantan Web
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Well...it just so happens that I don't quite like these two so it's highly unlikely that I will watch this UNLESS there is someone in the cast lineup who might entice me enough to catch the first episode at the very least. Anyway, even if I disregard my lack of interest for the leads, the premise of the story still doesn't seem that appealing and reminds me a bit of Tokyo Dogs. Episodic stories tend not to work for me unless there's a strong background plot which keeps me engaged.

No comments: