Sunday, September 24, 2017

IMPORTANT: Regarding the distribution of my posts elsewhere

Hi everyone, I really hate having to write such a post when there is a pile of more important stuff and news to share with you. However, having come across this blatant reposting of my content elsewhere without giving due credit , I have to make this clear once and for all and seek your understanding and attention to this issue.

I found out minutes ago that my posts are appearing on this forum called Jdorama.com and you can see that everything is copied word-for-word without any credit to my blog. Here is an example of one of the pages. What annoys me even further is that this person copied the names of the sources where I got my articles but not the hyperlinks I put there so it's a clear copy-and-paste with minimal effort. The thing is, I don't remember giving permission for my content to be published on this forum.

To date, many of you have taken the courtesy to inform me and ask for permission to reproduce my blog's content elsewhere and I don't think I've ever rejected any of such requests. Retweets and shares on my blog's official Twitter and Facebook pages are also very much welcome since by doing so, whoever sees the post can still see where the information originated so for sharing on these social media platforms, I don't really need you to ask me beforehand. I am very grateful for the respect shown and your effort in informing me beforehand especially since I've spent so much time translating and writing everything I have here.

However, I simply don't have the time to do cyber policing to catch those who copy and paste my stuff elsewhere without linking back to my blog. Even in the example above, much as I am 100% sure that the content was posted without my consent, I can't seem to find a place to contact the forum's administrator to raise my objections and do something about this. I don't even know if I should feel flattered that there are people who want to steal my content.

Going forward, I would really hope to have your cooperation in the following:
- For the reposting of my blog's content elsewhere (be it in English or translated format), please inform me beforehand. I usually wouldn't say no unless there is some reason to object.

- Retweets on Twitter and shares on Facebook do not require prior permission since the original post should appear when you do so. However, please do not copy and paste the content and pass them off as your own in a new tweet or Facebook post.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and please let me know if you ever come across any of my stuff posted elsewhere without due credit to me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I support you! I suggest that you fix this message at the top of the blog.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that your hard work is being taken without permission. I have seen links to your blogs on other sites. Is that ok as it directs to the original page?

Noura JKTI said...

sorry to hear that but you're the only source of news for me ^،^

Jed said...

That's very unfortunate. Your blog is older than mine by about 6 years, and I have quoted you as my source in a number of articles I wrote. One cardinal rule of using other people's articles is to - at least - acknowledge the original author via link or reference. In the case of Jdorama, they cut and paste whole articles directly, even putting the references back to the Japanese portals/sites - yes, they come from those sites, but it was you who translated them into English.

You wrote those articles and you have every right to be upset. It violated something we hold dear - our intellectual property rights.

My suggestion is to call on the site admin and ask for an explanation.

Anonymous said...

http://kawatahina.blogspot.com/2017/09/screening-event-press-conference-of-nhk_16.html


Original:
http://doramaworld.blogspot.com.br/2017/09/screening-event-press-conference-of-nhk_16.html