Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sakai Noriko released on bail 40 days after her surrender / Apology Press Conference

Sakai Noriko was released on bail today at 4.30pm after spending the past 40 days in custody at the Wangan Police Station ever since she surrendered herself for possession and consumption of stimulants. Although the police gave permission for her to post bail for 5 million yen, the amount was only fully paid today after half of the money was handed to the police earlier. When she left the police station, she apologized for causing disturbance and problems to everyone who had supported her. However, she did not respond to any of the questions shouted by the media who had gathered outside the police station. Sakai was dressed in a black pant suit and her hair was dyed brown. It was also obvious that she had put on a bit of weight compared to the time when she was interviewed in early July.

Subsequently, Sakai held a press conference at 6.30pm in an event hall located in a hotel within Chiyoda where she was accompanied by her lawyer, the boss of her ex-agency, Sun Music which had fired her when news of her being charged were made known and the boss of Victor Entertainment. As her case is due to be heard on 26 Oct, she did not answer any of the questions from the media and apologized for what she has done while choking back tears. Her husband Takasou Yuichi was released yesterday and his case will be heard on 21 Oct. However, due to the nature of their cases, Sakai and Takasou cannot have any contact with each other until the trials are over.

The following is what Sakai said during her apology press conference:

"This time, as a member of society, as a human being, I turned to drugs which is something which I shouldn't have done. I lost to the weakness within me and caused a lot of disturbance and trouble for the society at large, many people who are related to me and those who have supported me. I feel so sorry towards everyone and cannot imagine the amount of scorn and contempt that people will feel towards me as a result of my actions.

I do not know how I should repent for my actions. I promise never to cause such an incident again, never to touch drugs again and wish to atone for my mistakes by keeping this promise througout my lifetime. I know very well that the mistakes I made would have resulted in everyone losing faith in me. It will be very difficult for everyone to trust me again. However, I hope to change myself by constantly reminding myself of the regret experienced through this incident and would work hard to realize this goal.

I am very thankful to the people who have provided me with lots of support. I will never betray the trust from these people by not making the same mistakes again. I hope to change my mindset by listening to the advice of everyone as I make new steps to change myself. I am very sorry to all the fans and staff who have supported me to date."

Sakai's lawyer then made the following comments about Sakai's plans before the trial begins. Sakai will be checking into a hospital for psychological treatment right after the press conference. Her stepmother is rumoured to be staying in the same hospital undergoing treatment for lung cancer. He also called upon the media not to concentrate on sensationalizing the matter and to give Sakai and her family members some living space.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her case is REALLY ugly...
In reality, you just ever know who is your friend and who is your enemy -- sometimes even with trained eyes...

Here, the world's favourite "idol" entertainer turns out to be some 893 gokutsuma-cum-crackwhore for Christ's sake...

But IMO it is her 893 connection that causes even more problems. Given her self-claimed "frailty," this woman probably has betrayed more people upon verballing. But there were also claims that all these could mean a bigger conspiracy to achieve certain gains and advantages etc. Either way, she's probably a liability to the shadow society, which means there would be excuses for her head.

This Rabenmutter probably won't make it in one piece eventually, even with 893 back-up. The only question is when the rival 893 operatives will finally "pop" her.

Anonymous said...

To summarize:
When a past asset is NOT an asset anymore; when such subject becomes a hinderance/nuisance/threat to BOTH the light and shadowy societal landscapes, then such subject is a plague which must be destroyed with absolutely NO reservations.